Friday, August 21, 2009

A Video! A Poem! A Little Bit of Spice Makes The Blog Look Nice!

I had fun with videos today.


Sorry about the audio, and i HATE my voice. and sad attempts at humor.
My inspiration was the line from a song off of Blink - 182's self titled album on a song called asthenia. he says "Should i go back, should i go back, should i?" and that just ran through my head the whole time.

Where are you, Houston?
Drifting away in the endless infinity
Thinking to go back or stay in serenity
Now looking down at you all
This world is sick This world is dieing
If you want to blame something
Go ahead and blame others
Look to yourself and your so-called-brothers and sisters who
Everyday make it only worse for you
So up here in the so called peaceful anarchy of my space machine
Looking down at the world I know, so obscene
And obese with hatred and false-hope
For a brighter future
Our future, we are the future, we are your future
Devices of exploitation you use to fulfill your own lives
Fulfilling the fantasies you never fully fulfilled
Ending there dreams by putting them into the forever sleep
Deep in that world of all nothing
Through that black a light I see when I peer
Down this tunnel there is no other side, just a freight train of shattered hope
Do I go back to my world below?
Or stay in the tranquility I now know

Pretty grim stuff. Oh and my room mate emailed me again, he seems to be really all about having a rug. he basically told me today his rug is 5 x 7. do i even need a rug in college? Also, i ate devil fries today. They are so amazing. It's just fries with wing sauce in cheese. How can something called devil fries taste so divine. that's all for now.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed the humor in your vid and finally being able to "see" who Joey is. Really liked the poem. It wasn't so grim. You're good. To me, it's like when I finally find my own peaceful place, whether in music or writing etc, and I'd rather stay in that moment instead of coming back to reality... but like any good poem, each reader takes their own personal thoughts from it.
    Never had devil fries but I'm getting a laugh out of the roommate-rug bit. That's funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is unreal. You look so much like my 16 year old son its not even funny. Not so much when he had shorter hair but it has grown out a bit now and I haven't got any updated pics of him but when I manage to get one I am going to send it to you so you can see what your twin in Australia looks like. Or you could just look in a mirror :) He also has the same sense of humour

    ReplyDelete