Saturday, August 22, 2009

Roger Ebert Was Right

Inglourious Basterds IS AMAZING!

I just got back from seeing it and, i'm not going to lie, i was a little upset during the previews,

1. I am sick and freaking tired of apocalypse, end of days movies. I had more respect for John Cusack before 2012. I'll just have to watch Say Anything again.

2. Behind me are not 1, not 2, but 7, count em', 7 kids under the age of 15. Now, I'm 18, but maturity-wise, that's lightyears from 15. They were so loud, and obnoxious through the whole movie. Like okay kids, it's a Tarantino movie, it's going to be violent, you don't have to shout what the hell just because someone put a pillow over a nazi's head and stabbed him in the face.

Regardless I am in love with the movie.

Christoph Waltz and Brad Pitt were the largest larger-than-life character's ever written.

Brad Pitt's character, at least in my opinion, was more likeable that Mickey Mouse.

Simply put, the movie is bad ass.

There is violence, but it's almost an art form.

Tons of cool images too.

I would give him my 8.50 at least two more times.

Heres the best i could find on youtube as far as scenes are concerned.


2 comments:

  1. Funny about the teens sitting behind you. IB is still on my list of movies to see. Enjoyed the clip. Not a fan of apocalypse movies either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go to the cinema during the day preferably on a Tuesday because I usually have the whole place to myself.

    ReplyDelete