Wednesday, August 19, 2009

They Made Me Do It

I'm back from Gettysburg! I like it home better. I had a few ideas for this post, but, like all of my story/poem/song/designer-totes, i can never make up my mind on which to pursue. So I won't I'll do it all.

I notice I have the "mother of 4" demographic covered well with this blog, they make up 100% of my 2 followers as of now. Thank you, really. Blogging for me is Escapism, and i feel i've been welcomed into this refugee camp.

I tried following a guy once, he turned me down. Oh, and i tried following his blog too...

JUST KIDDING!

I really did try to follow a guys blog. The mook turned me down.

Here are my dreams:
I want more than anything to be the author inspiring countless youths to write offbeat stories, dark comedies, and overall wierdness. I don't care if that gets me money, just readers.
I want to be a teacher, an english teacher, in a high school. They are the reason i write, the authors just influence how i write.

I constantly try to work on stuff. but depending on my mood i can't write somethings, so i write other things.

I believe short stories are an unfortunatly forgotten medium.

one of my favorites is Graham Greene's The Destructors.

it brings up the point that destruction is a form of creation, and on that note, here's my family backround.

My mom married a man early, and had my sister Mindy. Then she married my father 9 years later and had me, Joey. 8 years after that, they divorced. The next year my dad married my stepmom and had my brother Shane. Next came Evan, and finally Taylor. While that happened my mom married my stepdad. No kids.

When i first think of that, it stings, like peroxide on a cut, but once the bubbles go away i'm left with the truth. Destruction is a form of Creation.
Out of destruction came my meeting of my stepdad, and my stepmom, she taught me tablemanners.
Out of destruction came my brothers and sisters.
Out of destruction came me, just the way i am. Maybe it's the way i want it, but i'll never know, it could never have happened any other way.
Maybe that's even when i got the notion of trying my hardest to be kind, or refusing to poison my body with drugs and alcohol.
Either way it created me, and it is part of everything i do.
I think of the Phoenix.


I say this because i'm comfortable. I'm comfortable with getting this out there. Usually it's a huge embarassment to me.



and heres the trailers to my favorite teen flicks!




2 comments:

  1. I was really impressed with your "destruction is a form of creation" paragraph. I enjoy all of your posts and hope you don't let a mook's blog rejection discourage you in any way. I see you had a good sense of humor about that. That's good. And until you get more followers, and I'm sure you will, you still have us moms-of-4. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why would anyone reject you Joey? I just don't understand some people. I love reading your posts. It made me laugh at loud when you said you were following that guy :) Sorry its taken me a week to read this. I am way behind with all my blog reading.

    ReplyDelete